June 2, 2014

A dry season

It's been a while since I last posted on my blog. Yes I've been busy, but that is not the real reason I have not been writing. I have been going through what I call a "dry season". This is a season without hope, love, faith - a season without God. As Apostole Mangaliso Matshobane would say: everything was just "droog"! It's a terrible time really.

I grew up going to church. My grand parents were very strict when it came to church; Sabbath. So every Saturday we would wake up very early, take a cold bath, eat bread and a wash it down with water or a cold drink [Exodus 20:8]. So all my life I have always known that there is a God somewhere. And because of my grand parents' teachings about God I grew up knowing that I had to pray for everything and in every situation and to put my trust in God. Even when I was at varsity I remember praying for a job after graduation. And indeed I got a job even before I graduated. When some of my friends stayed at home with no jobs; God provided me with so many opportunities. I was blessed; highly favoured.

But as I grew older I started taking things forgranted. I did not pray as often as I used to... and even then, whenever I wanted to change jobs, God would open up doors for me. And I moved from job to job with ease. Eventually I stopped praying all together; and I stoped going to church as well. And when I thought I was living the life, trouble was brewing. The enermy was standing in the gap; and he hit me so hard...I did not see it coming. And during my "dance" with the devil, I lost so much...including sleep. I even lost my faith in God and started seeking help from all the wrong places.

But God's ways are amazing. There is a verse in the bible that says God's hand is not too far to save us... and during my "dry season" I saw God's hand in my life. God broke the trap for me; and like a bird from the hunter's trap I escaped [Psalms 124:7]. And it was not because I am better, but it was because of the people who were praying for me; people who had sleepless nights pleading with God to have mercy upon my life. It was through prayers that I saw the light and turned from my ways. Today I say God is wonderful.

There are so many people out there who are going through a "dry season" in their lives. Whoever you are just know that there is a God; and He saves lives. He is faithful to those who seek Him with all their hearts. The devil will try to whisper sweet nothings in your ear; telling you to "figure things out on your own. Go to a seer, psychic, etc". But the Bible says "trust God" for He has already got things all figured out for you. You do not have to pay the price for your sins; Christ paid it all. And when ever the devil reminds you of your wicked ways, just point him to the Cross and say "the Blood paid it all"; and that becasue of the Blood there will be no more "dry seasons" in your life.

Bless you!

No comments: